So the delay this week has been to do with a couple things 1) me being incredibly busy (though mostly in a social capacity), making huge lists of things to do, then realising that some of the things on that list, like this blog are not exactly essential and 2) my idea for this week was to post loads of pretty pictures of concept art and storyboards but that involves a bit more work and I've run out of time this week. So instead here's a brief summary of where we are:
We've got a cast! There's one small role to fill but otherwise everyone is confirmed.
I've started the storyboard, which helped me feel very prepared until I realised I'm only about a third of the way through.
Perhaps most important of all, we have a monkey.
We've got a few other props.
We've got a date for the first rehearsal and the first shoot. It's in less than a month which is slightly terrifying.
Locations are pretty much sorted, apart from the one I had an issue with. Turns out the location I want to film at is free for non-profit organisations, although we will need public liability insurance and they still need to actually give us permission. The first company Andrea spoke to about insurance wouldn't do one-day insurance so it would cost £350 for a year. This was the kind of thing my research turned up before, hence the huge rant about no budget film-makers. We've got a couple more options though so I'll let you know how that goes.
Still trying to pin down a few crew members, which I'm not worried about at all, it will be fine, of course it will.
I am now looking for dancers, and despite a slow start I've actually had a pretty good response.
That's it for now. I'll try to make next week's post a bit prettier with pictures and stuff.
Ghost of a Chance! (A SEEK Team Investigation) is Launched! - I'm pleased to announce my new book Ghost of a Chance (A SEEK Team Investigation) is now up for sale by NewLink Publishing. You can also find it at on...
21 hours ago