Friday 7 October 2011

News and stuff...


So after ranting about how much I hate film festivals I am hypocritically excited to announce that Jenny Ringo and the Monkey's Paw will be screening in Brighton on the 3rd of December as part of Cinecity. Which is okay because that was one of the free ones so I would have been happy even if I'd been rejected. As it happens they actually want to show the film and I'm genuinely excited about it. I'll post further details closer to the time, and possibly a reminder every week...perhaps even daily reminders...

Have you signed up to the Jenny Ringo mailing list yet? You really should! Depending on whether I get into any other festivals I think I've decided how to release the film. I'm a bit excited and also a bit scared. I'll post full details here eventually but it will involve signing up to the mailing list at some point. You can't avoid it forever...well,  you can, but then you probably won't be able to see my film. Unless you come to the screening in Brighton on the 3rd of December. Did I mention that yet?

Just came back from seeing Red State with Brother Pete. Loved it. I was going to try to explain why I loved it, but there's no way without spoiling it. You should definitely see it, that is all.

I don't have much other news, apart from the fact that I enjoyed the varying accent of Colin Farrell in London Boulevard.Which wasn't very good, but it was nice to see MovieBar regular Nick Bartlett looking particularly mean as Ray Winstone's bodyguard.

Speaking of MovieBar, the website has been updated with details of how it went down on Monday, which makes it sound like it all ran really smoothly! You can see a couple of the films there too. Luckily the photos were taken after all the people had arrived -


We've also posted A.M. Esmonde's Q&A on existential vampire epic Terminus as I didn't get chance to read the whole thing out on the night. Ever wondered how a Welsh horror novelist gets an LA-based special-effects expert to direct his short film in the States? Find out here. And check out A.M. Esmonde's blog too where he often talks about cool films and stuff as well as his own work.

Speaking of films, Luther Bhogal-Jones has updated his blog on the making of Creak which we also screened at MovieBar on Monday. Further proof that post-production on short films is never easy.

And while we're on the subject of people updating websites, my dad finally went to Poundland again!

No comments: