Monday 21 January 2013

Jenny Ringo in 2013...

I know my blog posts have been a bit erratic recently but I have been busy. Mostly completing Dishonored (which was a bit of a disappointment in the end), and occasionally checking in with the post-production crew on Jenny Ringo and the Cabaret from Hell to ensure we're on the right track. And we are very close to being finished! So much so that I'm hoping to be able to release a trailer soon and maybe some extra bits too. If you want to keep up to date with all this I recommend signing up to the mailing list at www.jennyringo.com

Seriously, if you're not signed up yet you should go do it right now. It's free and I promise we barely send an e-mail every month so you will hardly notice us. Plus my wife writes all the updates and she is way better at this stuff than I am. And you will be the first to find out about cool new things!

I also realise I never did an end of year round-up post, but seeing as my son Eric was born last year and he is the most awesome thing ever I couldn't really bring myself to list what films I saw as if that somehow compared.

But in case you were wondering...

Moonrise Kingdom was my favourite film of last year, followed by Cabin in the Woods and Dark Knight Rises.

Gray Matter was the best game. More than that in some ways. It was the best story I experienced, if that makes sense. I was going to do a whole blog post about it but ran out of time. My point would have been that if anyone ever tells you that video games are all about shooting people, shove a copy of Gray Matter in their stupid face and tell them it's a game about how different people deal with loss as part of an exciting and compelling storyline! Without guns!


I almost wrote a post about all the stuff I meant to blog about last year and didn't.

Like how Silent Hill: Revelation was kind of like a Lucio Fulci film, in that it felt like you were experiencing a nightmare and the fact that this dream logic extended to the narrative wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Which isn't to say I liked it, but I think most people missed the point.

Although if I learnt anything from the general reaction to Prometheus (and Dark Knight Rises for that matter), it's that most people aren't even looking for the point, or anything at all for that matter. Just something that fits into the very specific idea of the film they wanted to see.

But enough of that, or I'll end up writing 5,000 words again. I am probably going to be writing fewer blog posts about films this year unless it's something I feel needs some attention. However, if you are interested in what I'm watching I've been using Letterboxd a lot recently so you're welcome to follow me on there.

What I will be doing more of is posting more Jenny Ringo stuff, and hopefully not just here (if I ever get around to developing the website which is one of my other plans for this year). I am intending to reach my earlier goal of getting 1,000+ people signed up to the Jenny Ringo mailing list before the second film is finished. This means if you're my friend on Facebook or if you follow me on Twitter I will probably be quite annoying for the next few months but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.

Oh, and sorry it's late but happy new year!

1 comment:

Jenny Krueger said...

Wahoo! Can't wait to see it. :)