Saturday 27 March 2010

Freddy's rap...

The Nightmare on Elm Street music videos are quickly becoming my favourite thing about the whole series. This one is on the DVD for the The Dream Child and may be the most awesome horror-related music video ever. My favourite part is where they go into great detail to describe the plot of Dream Warriors:



I actually really enjoyed the fifth film, although mostly because of the effects which are awesome throughout. But there are some extended dream sequences that if taken out of context are some of the best moments of cinematic surrealism I've ever seen, especially the part that goes from Alice following the skipping girls to Freddy's resurrection. It's a bit daft overall, and the series reached the point where you really wouldn't be surprised if Freddy burst into song halfway through killing someone, but there are some really great moments in there. Better than the fourth film anyway. Maybe there's an 'every other film' rule, like with Star Trek films or Korn albums. From what I remember about 6 & 7 that might be pretty accurate.

Also, if you want to find out what Shakma did next you need to read this.

1 comment:

Pete Regan said...

just don't know what to say. Is it good? Is it bad? I can't tell. I think it just is.

However it sounds like the theme to the Nightmare on Elm Street cartoon. Which obviously didn't exist.

Nash Out.