Thursday 1 December 2011

A few days of awesome horror films in Brighton...

There are a few film screenings going on in Brighton over the next few days and they all happen to be horror-related. Which is awesome.

Firstly, on Friday there is a screening of Carnival of Souls with a live score. You can find out more about the screening here. If I had the time and energy to properly work out a list of my favourite horror films I can guarantee this would be in my top 5. I like it so much it inspired the ghosts in my short film...



Here's the trailer...


If you haven't seen it and aren't anywhere near Brighton this Friday I seriously recommend you check it out. Look, I'll even make it easy for you...


And then on Saturday Brighton gets its own one-day horror festival with Frighten Brighton! Fellow horror bloggers Cyberschizoid and Scare Sarah have been doing a great job promoting classic horror films recently and always put on fantastic events so I'm really looking forward to this one. They're screening Frankenstein and the Monster from Hell (1974), The Entity (1981) and Night of the Living Dead (1990) at the Rock Inn starting at 12pm. 
Then on Saturday night, my short horror/comedy Jenny Ringo and the Monkey's Paw (did I mention I made a short film?) is screening at the Nightingale as part of the Cine-City festival.

And finally, on Monday evening it's Christmas MovieBar, but I couldn't find any Christmas short films so I'm mostly showing horror films again! Check out the full line-up here.

I'm planning on being at all of the above so if you're in the area and coming along to any of the above I'll see you there!

No comments: