Monday 8 September 2008

I'm back...sort of...

So I'm back from my tour of the Midlands which was fantastic. Even more fantastic was having a proper week off where I didn't reply to any e-mails or answer my phone, although it was probably quite annoying for people trying to get in touch with me! And the person who's party I missed (sorry about that!). 

Anyway, having been really slack in August (justifiably so considering how much I've written this year) I'm now ultra busy and having to finish off a load of work before I head off to New York in a couple of weeks.

The podcast will have to be put on hold for a while as I don't really have time to do it at the moment. But if there are any new listeners who've found their way here from iTunes or Google Reader or something, please stick with me, I will do another one at some point. For now you will have to put up with plain old text updates.

By the way, the picture on my last episode, which I still can't get to appear in iTunes, is not meant to be serious. It is my paranormal investigator face, in that if I ever happened to write a book on paranormal investigation that is the picture that would go on on the back. I thought it was funny, then Andrea pointed out people might think I go around pulling that face all the time. I don't, but if I could get away with it I probably would.

Being very busy I have a lot to moan about but rather than taking up your time and mine with a lengthy rant I will summarise my current gripes here:

1) Second drafts are no fun at all.

2) Arranging meetings around a full time job is really annoying.

Also, something I really recommend if you like films but never get chance to watch any - put aside a whole day, lock yourself in a room with a tv, get plenty of snacks and drinks and run your own one-day film festival (i.e. watch as many films as you can back to back). Got the idea from brother Pete who discussed it in his blog and did it myself on Friday. I got through five which isn't bad going. Did start to lose my grip on reality by the end but that was kind of the intention.

Anyway, too much to do, especially having spent a whole day watching films instead of writing, so I'll leave it there for now. I'll try to update the blog when I can!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, tell us the five films you watched?

Chris Regan said...

An odd bunch:

1) Blood of Fu Manchu
2) Liar
3) Mother of Tears
4) Running Scared
5) Felon