Thursday 4 June 2009

Short Script Competition results...

So I didn't get through to the next round, but I came fourth in my heat. You can read the full results here. The way they've laid it out is a bit annoying as I was super-excited for about ten seconds when I saw my script on the list, then slowly realised only first and second got through to the next round.

I am a bit disappointed I didn't get further and this is why I never usually enter script competitions - as much as I'd prefer not to be I'm a bad loser. But I did only spend three evenings on it (which might have been my problem!) and I came out with something that I hope I'll be able to use further down the line. I'm happy I got into the top 5 and I got what I wanted from it which was to work on something different that was completely my own.

In the end only two people gave me feedback on the script in the competition forums. I might have brought that on myself by posting a rant about people criticising script format here - sometimes beer and blogging don't mix, although I think the point I made is still valid which is why I left it there. I also stopped giving feedback on other peoples' scripts after the ninth one and probably would have had more in return if I'd read more. I'm apparently due some official feedback from the judges so I'll let you know how that goes.

The link to the PDF will have expired by now, but if anyone is interested in reading it feel free to send me an e-mail.

No comments: