Still ridiculously busy. My plan was to get Act 1 of the paid script done by Saturday and get started on the other script today. It didn't quite work out that way. I'm still working on that first Act and it's now 11.30pm on Sunday. Best laid plans and all that...
It's been a busy week and I spent most of it drinking which probably didn't help my productivity. But it has been a fun week. Here's a summary of some fun stuff what happened...
- Last weekend was spent with parents which dad has documented on his Poundland website here. I am mostly mentioning this so you check out dad's Poundland website because it's amazing. And so I can post my photo of the Fire Rescue Ninja:
- On Thursday I went to see the results of the latest Brighton Filmmakers Coalition challenge in which the participants had to make a trailer for a non-existent film of their choosing in 48 hours. This was my favourite:
It's tough to make something like that genuinely disturbing and scary, especially in such a short time but I think filmmakers and actors did an awesome job there.
- Last night I went to see Gentlemen & Assassins supported by Bitter Ruin. It was awesome, both bands were fantastic and it was the kind of gig I wish I had the time to review in great detail. Luckily someone else has done it way better than I ever could - check out Scar's review here. Which means I can just use is as an excuse to post Brother Pete's Soldier video again:
- My wife has written a blog post about Salt and women in films which I would maybe have written myself if I had time, only it wouldn't have been half as intelligent and would probably have ended with me blaming all the films faults on the notes the writer got from the producers. You can read it here.
- Tomorrow is MovieBar - that came around quickly! We're showing some really awesome films and the quiz is particularly ridiculous this month (as in funny, not ridiculously difficult!). One of the films we're showing is The Ascension Agency which was produced and written by Dan Birt who I used to make films with (that's my excuse for advertising it on my writing blog). Here's the trailer:
You can see the full line-up here. If you're in Brighton tomorrow evening and want to see some awesome short films with filmmaker Q&As and a daft quiz with prizes please come along! It's free too!
That's it, I have officially checked in. As previously stated, from tomorrow night I am becoming a recluse for the rest of the month to get these scripts finished. That's definitely what I'm doing because I've said so here. I honestly won't be going out at all...
Giant of the Day - Giant finds on the left - Bigfoot sightings on the right
9 hours ago