Wednesday 21 January 2009

IMDB, Henry Rollins & Indie 103.1

These aren't massively related, I just don't really have a definite subject for this post.

For the first time since I started my dangerous obsession with the IMDB user comments on Ten Dead Men there has been no further activity. No new comments, nothing on the discussion board since last week, nothing. I'm guessing people who download all their films just pick up the new releases as soon as they turn up, regardless of what they are. So now it's old news no one's interested. This is good, but I hope the proper release of the film doesn't go the same way. Under a week to go!

Speaking of which I badly need to e-mail my American friends about it (that's a note for myself so I'll see it later and hopefully do something about it).

But speaking of American folk (and their shiny new president) I have just added Henry Rollins' blog to the links on the right. I've been a huge fan for years - always loved his music (and he was ace when I saw him live in Norwich once), it's cool when he turns up in films, and his stand-up was pretty good too. I'd kind of forgotten about him of late, then Brother Pete bought me the second season of The Henry Rollins Show on DVD. It's a bit odd seeing Rollins present a talk show, but there's an honesty and integrity to the way he interviews his guests, plus a genuine interest in what they're doing that makes it really fascinating.

He's also an excellent writer and I recommend picking up any of his books if you come across them. That's why I wanted to link to the blog. Although in doing so I discovered that LA radio station Indie 103.1 has gone off the air. I only download the podcasts so I guess it won't make that much difference to me, but it's a shame. And I don't see Jonesy's name in the list of DJs who are going to carry on broadcasting online - if he's not doing his show anymore that will be a real tragedy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Writing criticism is to writing fiction and poetry as hugging the shore is to sailing in the open sea."
- John Updike

Don't worry, once it gets seen more you'll get a fairer picture.